Monroe Michigan Possession of Marijuana Attorney

Possession of Marijuana Attorney in Monroe Michigan

Having a misdemeanor or felony possession of Monroe Michigan Marijuana Attorneymarijuana charge on your public criminal record can have serious consequences, financially and socially. It could affect your ability to land the job you strive for, loss of driving privileges, and the stigma of having a criminal record. It may also hinder you in getting government loans and assistance. If you have been charged with possession of marijuana in Monroe Michigan, or the police have stopped you for possession of marijuana, contact the experienced criminal defense attorney Christopher Fleming today at 734-265-0340.

MCL 333.7403 makes first time possession of marijuana a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in the county jail and/or a $2,000.00 fine. With habitual offender laws, a second time possession of marijuana could be charged under Controlled Substance Habitual offender laws and you could be facing a felony!

There are options though to keep a simple possession of marijuana off your record, those diversion programs include Holmes Youthful Trainee Act and “7411.”

Holmes Youthful Trainee Act

Holmes Youthful Trainee Act (“HYTA”) is a program for first time offenders between the ages of 17 and 24. There are many conditions required to be able to enter HYTA status, and it is important to retain an attorney in helping you get this program. If the Judge grants the HYTA status, and probation is completed, the charge is never entered onto your record.


7411 comes from MCL 333.7411 (Michigan Law), which allows anyone who has not been convicted of a drug related offense to possibly keep the drug charge off their record. If the Judge grants 7411 status, the finding of guilt is deferred and if probation is successfully completed the charge will remain off of your permanent record. It is important to note 7411 does not have the same age constraints as HYTA, and there are many conditions and requirements to enter 7411 status. As such, it is important again to retain an attorney in helping you get 7411 status.

What to do if Police stop you

  1. You HAVE the right to remain silent. Use it. Be respectful when talking with the police officer, and simply state you refuse to answer questions without your attorney present
  2. DO NOT fight with or argue with the police. Fighting with the police and disobeying police commands is a sure way to turn a minor level crime into a full blown felony. Do not argue with the police, the time to argue the case is in the courtroom and not by the side of the road.
  3. DO NOT consent to a search of the vehicle, home, or person. While occasionally the Police may have what’s called probable cause or a warrant to search your person, home, or vehicle, most of the time the police will request consent to search. You have a constitutional right not to consent.
  4. DO write down all details immediately following the stop.
  5. DO, if you’re arrested, ask for an attorney immediately
  6. DO contact the Law Office of Christopher Fleming

Contact Us Now, for a FREE Consultation

We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are two ways to set up your free consultation:

  1. Call us at 734-265-0340
  2. Fill out the contact form on this website and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Your liberty and future depends on making the right attorney decision. The Law Office of Christopher Fleming is experienced in Possession of Marijuana cases, and fights for the best possible outcome for his clients. Contact us today and set up your free consultation!